Our excursion begins by visiting the “sacred rock” of the Acropolis Hill where we will see:
- Propylea: the entrance
- the temple of Athena-Apteros Nike (Athena Wingless Victory),
- Parthenon, the temple devoted to Athena Parthenos,
- Erechtheion of Athena Polias with its world famous female statues of Caryatides
- Herodes Atticos Odeon: the first world theatre still in use nowadays
- Dionysus Theatre which hosted the world famous comedies and tragedies of Aeschylus, Sophocles, Euripides and Aristophanes (ancient poets)
- Areopagus (Mars Hill)used as a court of appeal in antiquity and by St. Paul to deliver his famous speech.
The tour then will continue to the locations below:
- The Temple of Zeus, a colossal ruined temple in the centre of the Greek capital Athens dedicated to Zeus, king of the Olympian gods
- The Old Olympic Stadium “Panathenaic” (of all Athenians) or Kallimarmaro (best marble) Stadium, built in 1863 and hosted the first Athenian Olympic Games in 1896.
- The Former Royal Palace
- The Presidential Palace (Maximou Mansion) which hosts the offices of the President of Democracy and the Prime Minister
- Parliament House with the Unknown Soldier Tomb in front,
- Watch the Changing of the Guards
- The Architectural Trilogy of University Street; the Academy, the University of Athens, and the National Library
- Lycabettus Hill which offers a spectacular 360o panoramic view of Athens city.
- Plaka, the oldest picturesque neighborhood of Athens with stone-paved streets and traditional shops.
Your professional driver has limited knowledge of Greek history, mythology as well as contemporary life and traditions. He is not allowed by law to accompany you into the sites and museums; therefore he will be waiting for you at the agreed area.
Private Hellas Tours cooperates with professional, licensed private tour guides, that you can hire and will ride the same vehicle with you, accompany you to the sites and museums and give you detailed information on the history of the landmarks and historical sites.